Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fishing on the Eyak river

Yesterday we got up early to go fishing on the Eyak river. Bob, a friend of my parent's, took Brooke, Melinda and me out on the Eyak river on his boat.

There were many other fishermen on the river, but we still found a nice secluded spot. The river was very peaceful all covered in a low mist.
Brooke caught the first salmon, and Melinda caught one soon afterwards.

I lost a couple of fish, but we still got our limit of 3 silver salmon each. We had a great time on the river. Last time the kids and Melinda all caught fish and I didn't catch anything. I was so happy to actually reel some in this time. Catching coho salmon is really fun because the jump and fight and really try to get a way. Plus they were really big.

Here's our whole catch (plus 2 extra that Bob gave us).

Melinda love holding slimy fish.
Not bad for our first day of fishing.

No comments: