Sunday, June 1, 2008

Late night at Lagoon

Yesterday was my company's summer party at Lagoon. We learned a few years ago that we do much better in the evening when it's cooler and less crowded than during the day when it's very hot and crowded. So we showed up sometime after 4:00 and we had time to go one ride (bumper cars) before the company hamburger dinner.

The kids all like the rides, but Saffron LOVES the rides! She was so excited about everything! She went on the helicopters about six times. It was so much fun watching her and how her little face shined running from ride to ride.

We stayed until the bitter end, catching the last rides right as they closed them. Eleven-thirty seems a little bit late for a 3 year, but actually that's not too much of a stretch for our family (even though it makes getting up for 9:00 church a little tough).

It was also interesting to see how Lisette and Miles are now too old to go on the kiddie rides, and Ian will be too big in a year. It's amazing to think how fast the kids grow up. I guess that's another reason to enjoy while they're young.

2 comments:

RhubarbLady said...

We're going to Lagoon while Jessica will be in Europe. She feels bad that she's missing our stake Lagoon day but seeing that she'll be in France she can't feel too badly about not being in Farmington.

Melinda can tell you rides are not my thing. I don't know how I managed the rides at Disneyland when I went with her family in high school. Plus she can tell you that I did a lot of screaming to keep from being nauseous on the rides-especially the Matterhorn ride. I appreciate that she screamed along with me.

Kevin Ashton said...

I would have loved to see little Saffron on the ride. I can't just imagine her screaming. Hey Eric you should be proud of me I updated another post. :-)