Sunday, November 30, 2008

Post Thanksgiving post

OK, I suppose I should explain my last post a little bit. I'm not usually so keen on publicly making a fool of myself, but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet. I thought about my parents and siblings not being together this Thanksgiving and it made me a little sad not to see everyone. Then I thought about losing the "Thanksgiving Song" tradition and that was just too much; I knew I had to do it.

Five or six years ago my brother Clair modified Adam Sandler's "The Thanksgiving Song" to include funny references to our family. He sang it after we ate pie and everyone loved it. It was so hilarious that he had all of us rolling with laughter. Then due to popular demand he did it again another year. Then he recruited me to accompany him with the guitar. Then finally last year I did guitar and sang a little with him.

My family has gotten together for Thanksgiving for several years now. They've made the trip from Alaska to Utah for several years so it's been really great time to get the whole family together. Not to mention my mom's a great cook and her pies are amazing.

So in a nutshell, even though we couldn't be together I was glad we could remember each other through a silly song and some of last years photos.






No comments: