Monday, December 22, 2008

Lugubrious lengthy list

Here's a partial list of our very eventful December:
  • Lisette turned 12
  • It snowed
  • I was called to the Elder's quorum presidency
  • I shaved my beard for the first time in almost 10 years
  • I bought 2 suits and a pair of dress shoes
  • Lisette had her first band concert; she played her clarinet without squeaking once
  • We were robbed
  • We got new locks
  • Our computer died
  • Our used replacement computer won't stay on
  • I got a new laptop from work
  • It snowed
  • Melinda and I danced to a swanky live jazz band at my work Christmas party
  • We went to our ward Christmas party
  • We made 2 gingerbread houses at Melinda's family Christmas party
  • We ate 2 gingerbread houses in a week
  • Miles lost a tooth
  • It snowed yet again, (but much less than it does in Maine or Alaska)
  • I sang in the ward choir Christmas program
  • Saffy started singing "Halla-lula" around the house
  • Miles learned how to operate a snowblower
  • Ian read "Green Eggs and Ham" (and many other books) to Saffy
  • Saffy's catchphrase is no longer " the baby is not happy," but "I won't do it"
  • Both Lisette and Melinda have seen 'Twilight' three times
  • We've gone to the Clark Planetarium 3 times this month
  • Saffy and Ethan had a "first date"; they saw "The Tale of Desperaux"
  • We still haven't replaced our camera
  • We celebrated the 3rd night of Hanukkah by lighting the menorah and eating sufganiyot (jelly filled donuts)
  • We've wrapped all our Christmas presents
We're hoping the rest of the month is less eventful. Except for Christmas and New Years, of course.

3 comments:

RhubarbLady said...

Three Times!?!?! What am I suppose to tell Sarah when she wants to go see Twilight? And I've only taken Jessica once! Pretty soon I'm going to be the slacker mom for Twilight. I love the posts about the Maine snow-there's just something about the way Salena writes about it that it's really funny-although it's probably not that fun to shovel. Glad you're back posting.

Eric said...

Once with her girls club at school, once for her birthday with friends, and once with her Aunt Connie.

Just ask Wendy, Brooke, and April how many times they've seen it. That's all I'm saying.

Eric said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that Lisette got her ears pierced as well for her twelfth birthday.