Friday, February 13, 2009

Disneyland 1989

Eric gave me rights to post on his blog, so I'll give it a try. I'm sorry folks, but this will be another Disneyland post.

In 1989, when I was 17, my family made our first trip to Disneyland. (Actually that was the only time I went to Disneyland with my family, until Wendy and Karen joined us this time.)

Digging through my stuff yesterday, I found some old Disneyland tickets and a list of the rides we went on our second day there. We went for two days for $38.25 if you can believe it. (A child two-day ticket was $29.25.)

Trisha joined us for that original trip to Disneyland, and I thought that she (and maybe some others of you) would enjoy seeing what we did our second day there.

Pirates of the Caribbean- looked at Splash Mountain, wondered (Apparently the lines were too long.)
Thunder Mountain - took Kevy, took Kevy back, granola break
Peter Pan
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Mad Tea Party
Skyway to Tomorrowland
People Mover
Mission to Mars
Captain EO- bathroom, granola break
Monorail - started back, bought ice cream
Saw Snow White Grotto - waited for Karen, Trisha looked in shop
Sleeping Beauty's Castle
Saw Penny Arcade
Main Street Cinema
Walt Disney Story and Mr. Lincoln - back to motel, swim, nap, met Daddy and Eddie
Disneyland Railroad
Haunted Mansion -bumbled around
perfume shop, dog biscuit, fritter
Country Bear Playhouse
Disney Art Gallery
Swiss Family Treehouse - 2 times, Amy lost
Jungle Cruise
glimpse of Electric Parade
Enchanted Tiki Room
Matterhorn Bobsleds (watched fireworks in line)
a little time debating
Circle Vision American Journeys - rested a moment
Space Mountain
Rocket Jets
Tomorrowland Autopia
Submarine Voyage
Motor Boat Cruise

I wish I had a list of what we did that first day, just for comparison. I remember rushing the first day to Splash Mountain. It was the new ride at the time.

I also remember being lost with Scottie, unable to go on any rides (of interest to me) with a two year old in a stroller. I eventually met up with some others though, and all turned out well I think.

4 comments:

Salena Ashton said...

No need for apologizing for the Disneyland posts! We've enjoyed reading them! Keep them coming; we always tune in.

Salena and kids

RhubarbLady said...

But the screaming, the screaming on the Matterhorn Bobsleds-you left out the screaming! I wouldn't have made it on most of the rides if you hadn't been my scream partner. Amy screamed too but not with your same enthusiasm andI think I was a bit wimpy on some rides.

Somehow the screaming eliminated the queasy stomach although I still don't completely understand the correlation.

Eric said...

Yeaah, your first post! I like your choice of topic, by the way!

Melinda said...

Yes, constant screaming is the key. Karen went on California Screamin' said she's usually okay as long as she screams the whole time. (I don't do California Screamin' even with screaming the whole time.)

Do you remember what I meant by the dog biscuit note? Is it possible that I bought my first dog biscuit cookie cutter at Disneyland?