Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Come to the Dark Side

After about 3 years of faithful service my trusty iPod mini bit the dust. The little 4 GB hard drive has gone on to greener pastures . In my line of work I have heard a lot of bad hard drives so I know all too well that ka-klunk, ka-klunk sound means; the head is hitting the platter and all hope is lost.

I found a replacement drive on E-bay for about $20. I got cracked the case and put in the new drive, but it wouldn't boot up. It just stayed on the apple logo. So I took it out to try to reset the drive and tragedy strikes - I broke the connector to the click wheel! Argh! I was kind of bummed out, but oh well.

So today I was looking at the Microsoft Zune. I found a brown one (obviously their least popular color) on Buy.com for 99.99 with free shipping. It has a nice large color screen and a 30 GB drive. They also have a deal where you can save $30 when you sign up for their Visa card. So today I went to the Dark Side and ordered the Zune.

What can I say? A new iPod would set me back at least $200, so I sold out to The Man. I feel kind of sullied, but I think I'll get over it fairly quickly when I have a portable tune player again.

No comments: