Thursday, November 22, 2007

Make us truly thankful

Today is Thanksgiving and there is so much to be thankful for. We had a lovely today together with family. We drove up to my grandma's house in Brigham City. It was a cold day, but sunny and bright. We were so glad to have my parents visiting from Alaska, and Ruth and Darius visiting from Florida, though we missed James and Michel and her family


Everyone contributed to the delicious homemade banquet (though Mom did the lion's share.) We feasted on:
  • Turkey
  • Ham
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Green bean casserole
  • Stuffing
  • Butter rolls
  • Candied yams
  • Cranberry salad
  • Creamy apple salad

My Uncle Ray and Aunt Marie were visiting from the Cedar City area. It was a real treat to have them around. I love sitting around and hearing Ray's stories of great grandpa Owen, and great grandpa Rose. Leonard came over later for a little while with his family. I love my uncles and I was so glad to see them. It's fun to see how much they look alike now, especially with their gray hair.



We of course had pies. Lots of pies. It was a plenitude of pies; a cornucopia of pies. We had:
  • Pumpkin
  • Pecan
  • Sweet potato
  • Apple
  • Cherry
  • Banana cream
  • Coconut cream
  • Chocolate cream
  • Chocolate turtle cream


No family get-together is complete without a few rounds of pinochle. Everyone wanted Clair to do his customized family version of the "Thanksgiving Song," so I accompanied him on guitar.

It was pretty much a perfect day. I am so thankful for my family; they're the best.

No comments: