Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Molecular marshmallows

Today was another hectic day at work for me. It's kind of depressing when you have to return 10 phone messages as soon as you walk in the door. But I've got some server projects that are interesting, so it's good to have something to keep me engaged and busy.

Melinda and the kids did a very tasty science project today. Melinda has been excited about the new chemistry curriculum she just got. The kids have been enjoying doing lots of fun science projects and experiments.


Saffron helped by enhancing the visual aids.

Many marevelous marshmallow molecules

I've always wondered what ethanol looks like.

5 comments:

Emily said...

How Awesome is that!
I wish my Chemistry teacher would have used marshmallow's. I think I would have been much more interested and would have probably remembered their molecular structure so I could have actually passed the class!
What a GREAT idea!

Karen said...

Adorable! And very tasty I think I might need to go out and buy some marshmallows for a little study treat!

Kevin Ashton said...

Hmm I don't know which looks tastier. Saffy or the marshmallows ... Pretty cute :-)

Melody said...

Cousin Trisha here-that looks wonderful-fun and educational. Dave hasn't found a lot of songs but he's found a few but he too is still on the easy level. We're still waiting and waiting and waiting on Clear Play to send us a new player-apparently they're still recovering from Christmas return backlog.

Eric said...

Melinda does have a log of great teaching ideas. This was one tasty ones. Dang! They have too much fun at home.

MMMMmmmm... Marshmallows... I'm getting hungry again....