Friday, February 29, 2008

Night skiing on leap day

Tonight Melinda, Miles and I went night skiing at Brighton. They went without me twice in February because my back was bothering me. I was jealous, but tonight was a great ski night so I don't feel so bad. It wasn't very cold and the snow was still quite nice. The sky was clear and we could see the constellation Orion in the sky as we went up on the lift.

It was especially fun tonight because we were all skiing right together. Miles are getting to be quite the speedy little skier. He kept right up with us, and even passed me a few times. Melinda was pretty fearless tonight, too. She seems to have really enjoyed skiing this year.


I forgot my poles, but I didn't miss them. Last year I didn't ski without them most of the year, out of solidarity with Miles, since poles mostly just get in the way for kids. I forgot how fun it is to just turn by shifting your weight around.

We never seem to bring the camera when we go skiing, but here's a picture of Melinda and Miles during a snowy night in February 2006.

No comments: