Thursday, February 21, 2008

Patience

Tonight was our ward temple night. The Salt Lake Temple has sessions on the hour, and we were going to go to the 7:00 session. I was there with ten minutes to spare, but it turns out that another ward and two other stakes decided the third Thursday of the month was a good time, too. So there were about 20-30 of us who had to wait until 8:00.

I think maybe the Lord wanted me to learn more patience this week, so I patiently waited for an hour reading the book of Luke. Besides learning patience, these are some things I enjoy about temple worship:
  1. A time for meditation
  2. A time to open my heart in prayer
  3. A reminder to see the forest for the trees
  4. A respite from a hectic, chaotic, materialistic world
  5. It helps turn my heart to my fathers
  6. It helps me to be more humble and teachable
  7. It gives me strength and courage
  8. It helps me feel closer to God

No comments: