Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The big nap

Tomorrow I'm teaching a class on Square Foot Gardening to a group of retired folks. I've been working on my presentation for a couple of days now and it's almost done.

After I got home from work I felt like I was trudging slowly over wet sand. So instead of finishing my presentation I put in some earplugs, donned by sleeping eye mask and crawled into bed.

I woke up 3 hours later at 9:30 PM. I thought about just going back to sleep until morning, but I decided to get up. It's amazing how much happier and calm I felt. Amazing. Maybe I need to read The Promise of Sleep again. Hopefully now I'll be better rested so I won't be ornery or yell at any of the senior citizens tomorrow.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Naps are a marvelous thing! Actually, I think I'll just go to bed. :) Good luck on your presentation tomorrow.

Eric said...

Thanks, Karen. I shouldn't be surprised, but every time I take a nap, or catch up on sleep I feel so unexpectedly cheerful! Go figure.