Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekly recap

This week was pretty busy for us and I haven't posted anything. Isn't it ironic how when you have things to write about you don't have the time to do it. Sigh.

Here's a smidgen of when we did last week.
  • Wednesday we went to Michel's place to see Grandma Gaile who was in town visiting from Florida. Luckily for us she made lots of food because she wasn't expecting us until we phoned her on our way up.
  • Thursday I taught a class on native plants to a Catholic women's group. I'm trying to get active with my Master Gardener group again.
  • Friday we went to Connie's book group. We discussed "Golden and Grey" by Louise Arnold. I finished reading it to Miles and Ian in the nick of time.
  • Saturday Miles and Ian went with me to get a load of compost from the dump. It was my Christmas / birthday present from Arden and Lorriane. I'm so excited that they now have a truck I can borrow!
  • Sunday (today) we had dinner at Grandma and Grandpas. Melinda worked on making plans for our Passover dinner next Saturday.
Hopefully we can get more sleep this week. I am excited about putting the compost in the garden and to start planting. I guess I better get the wheelbarrow fixed tomorrow.

I also found a new financial plan that looks really helpful. It's pretty revolutionary, so it's pretty hard to understand at first. I think I need to re-read chapter 3 to figure out where this "saved" money comes from. I can't wait until my subscription to "Stop Buying Stuff" comes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice video-can you tell me where to get a copy of that book for Jean (Trisha)?