Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hanukkah with The Shins

Happy Hanukkah everyone (actually tonight is day two of Hanukkah this year)! We broke out the menorah and Melinda, Miles, and Lisette made latkes and homemade applesauce. Tasty! Very tasty indeed!

Today I actually took the morning off so Melinda and the kids could go to Kingsbury Hall (they don't allow babies or toddlers) to see A Mariachi Christmas. The actually took the bus because there isn't any good parking at the University campus. It was quite the eclectic cultural day: Christmas in latinoamerica and Hanukkah.

It was a nice morning with Saffron. She's so cute in the morning! She loves to cuddle and she likes to play cute little silly games. We slept in, read books, and ate breakfast. Saffron played monkey, hanging on my back as I walked around the house, then later played fish and frog in the tub.

Melinda arrived home with the kids around noon. They were pretty cute walking down the street after getting off the bus. I went into work around one, much to the relief of my coworker. I think he's getting the idea that I have a third sense to know when to stay away from work.

Melinda called me on my way home from work because she was stuck at church. The van battery died again after Cub Scouts. I think Melinda would renounce the whole thing if Miles wasn't in it. Everything was fine after a good jump start. That reminds me, I better go out and put the charger on it now.

Right now I'm listening to The Shins (Chutes Too Narrow and Wincing The Night Away) on my Zune. Wow. They're a great little indie pop group that are very listen-able. It's great to listen to an album without having to skip or fast forward half of the songs. Very catchy.

No comments: