Thursday, December 20, 2007

Snowy night

Today was a very nice day, notwithstanding a little wind. It was a pretty day with some sunshine that melted all the snow; so much that it almost seemed liked spring. Tonight was quite the contrast.

It started snowing on my way home from work, but it wasn't too bad. We went up to Melinda's folk's place because Richard and Jan were in town, but it took us 30 minutes to make a 3 mile trip. Cars were backed up, it was very slushy and very slick and we were down to one lane because of road construction. We would have turned around, but that would have been just as bad.

We made it without injuring anyone and then had a nice dinner with everyone. Afterwards Kevin helped Miles and Ian make a giant snow fort on the back porch. We left around 9:30 and the roads had at least been plowed so the journey home was only mildly treacherous.


James was arriving from China and I was supposed to pick him up at the airport, but thankfully Carrie was able to get him for me. She lives near Bangerter Highway, so she's closer to the airport. (Thanks, Carrie, I owe you one.)


I walked outside tonight because I left something out in the car. I'm always amazed at how light it is outside when there is white covering everything. Everything seems so peaceful and lovely covered with a blanket of snow. And of course the snow always seems so much more cozy when you are home in your warm jammies.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love the pictures. I'm excited to be home for christmas. Only one more final to go!

Brooke said...

Great pics!