Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Homework and cookies

Today Lisette spent the day with me at work. She needed a change of scenery to help get her groove back. I'm not sure which one of us had more fun, but the day sure went by fast for me.

She sat by me at my desk while I was on the phone and did her grammar workbook. She even came in with me to a meeting with my boss, who, was glad to have her there; she beautified the room appreciably.

After some typing instruction and some word games it was time for lunch. We went out to Paradise Bakery and Cafe and got a couple of sandwiches and cookies. I had a curry chicken salad with walnuts and cranberries on molasses bread. The sandwich was very good, but not spectacular. The cookies, however, were something to write home about. They tasted like courses of angels rejoicing hallelujah! Such charming chocolate chips and such snappy snickerdoodles! Those are truly cookies of excellence.

After lunch Lisette did lots on online math, and more word games while I made more phone calls and did various server tasks. Five o'clock rolled around and home we went. We should do this more often.

2 comments:

April said...

Hi Eric and family,
I love your site. It has so many fun tidbits. Were the pictures of your family at Thanksgiving taken at your house or somewhere else? It looked like there was some paint-prep going on. I am always enthusiastic about such projects. How did you make your site layout so wide? That is the one gripe I have with my layout.

Eric said...

Thanks for the kind feedback, April. Those pictures were at my sister Carrie's house. I probably should be doing some more painting, but I'm taking a home improvement sabbatical.

On your blogger account go to the dashboard - layout - template and pick out one that suits you. I use Sand Dollar and just modified a few of the colors.