Saturday, October 13, 2007

Day Off

Friday I took the day off. It was glorious. I slept in, lounged around, and took a nap. It's so nice to just stay in bed with warm comfy blankets on a cool fall day. I got a couple calls from work, but I was able to remote-in an fix them pretty easily.

Today I slept in again! It was great. I felt like just lounging around all day, but I thought I'd be happier get a few things done. I was contemplating cleaning up the back porch or going to the temple. I thought the temple was a loftier goal, so I drove downtown and spent a couple hours there (Melinda had gone on Friday morning with her cousin Emily).

Then I got home and rounded-up all the kids and directed them in cleaning up the house. They washed dishes, did the laundry, mopped the floor, and Ian even mowed the lawn. I went out with Ian while he mowed the lawn and ended up getting the back porch all cleaned up like I originally wanted to. I guess if you get your priorities in the right place, you can make room for some of the other things as well.

No comments: