Monday, October 8, 2007

S'moreos

We had an Elders Quorom leadership get-together in Millcreek Canyon tonight. We had a package of Oreos leftover from Miles' birthday party, so we decided to take them. Miles said, "lets use them with the roasted marshmallows and make S'moreos!" They were actually very tasty. We bought some stuff from Harmons before we went up, but I didn't feel like hot dogs so Melinda got a roasted rosemary and lemon roasted chicken. I thought it was kind of cheating, but someone else just brought take out from Arbys, so I didn't feel too bad.

The kids really liked it. The fall leaves were very pretty, and and it was fun to see some early snow on the ground. It was a little chilly, but we had a blazing white man's campfire, so we kept warm. As soon as we got home we all had to take showers to get rid of the smoky smell and we threw all our clothes in the washer. We are all glad we don't have to cook over an open fire on a regular basis.

On a side note, Saffron's cuteness never ceases to amaze us. Yesterday Melinda was play biting me and Saffron said "Don't bite my daddy!" Then she wrapped her arms around my hand and arms and said "I save my daddy!" Cute, sweet, loving, and funny; that's our Saffron.

No comments: