Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Afternoon walk

I have lots of time off from work saved up, so I thought I'd take the day off today. I slept in and then did crossword puzzles and Sudoku in bed. After breakfast Saffron and I went for a walk. It was such a nice comfortable day, with the warm sun and a cool breeze. We walked pass mothers pushing children in strollers, joggers, and the occasional cat. Saffron pointed out when an airplane and helicopter flew by.

We walked past the front bumper of a Honda just sitting there on the sidewalk with the license plate still intact. We walked south on 13th east, which is a street I drive on every day to work. It was interesting to see it from a different perspective and different pace. We walked through Cottonwood Park and watched a group of young adults playing flag football. Then Saffy saw the playground and we had to stop.

She climbed up on all the bouncy animals, and then she went up and down the slides with me. She thought it was really funny when I climbed up the tube slide with her. She didn't want to leave, but finally I coaxed her off the swing and got her back into her stroller. She protested, but she was distracted after doing some stroller wheelies and hairpin turns.

I sure love the autumn weather, but it seems to go so fast. I guess I better enjoy it while I can.

No comments: