Friday, September 28, 2007

Retreat!

Oh no, retreat, retreat! Well, that's always my initial reaction to the annual company retreat. But even so, I always make it through and I (surprisingly) end up actually enjoying it a little. Since I didn't have to go the meetings yesterday (because of the down server) it doesn't seem so bad today.

Thursday when I told the kids I had to be gone for 2 nights they said, "you never used to leave us at all and now you do all the time!" They're right, 3 months in a row leaving them for 3 days and two nights (Florida and Chicago.) But I actually got to stay home last night, and I'll be home tonight so it will actually only be 2 times. I'm actually very lucky and glad not to have to a traveling job.

I found out that after dinner they don't have any specific activities planned so, I'm going to sneak home and sleep in my own bed. They have a room for me, but the 2 other guys already have the beds, and I really don't want to sleep on the hide-a-bed. There's nothing like your own bed. I'm pretty sure Melinda would rather have me home as well.

We had our management meetings, and they weren't so bad. After several years I can finally keep a straight face during the motivational and inspirational pep talks about being all you can do, and giving it a 11o%, and all that schtuff. It's actually good to see co-workers and people who call me on the phone in a non-work environment. It reminds you that these are actually real people and not just disembodied computer problems.


Fall is really pretty here in Park City. After our meetings they gave us free time to explore Park City or do what we want. Some people went horse back riding and others golfed. I optioned to do the restort activities so they gave me an all day activity pass. I rode up the lift and went on the Alpine Slide twice, and a new Alpine Coaster twice as well.


Anyway, I don't have to feel to guilty about having fun without my family, since Arden took them all to the circus. It will be nice to see all my sweet little niƱos tonight. Then I'll just have to make it through tomorrow's meetings and awards and my weekened will be mine again.

No comments: