Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday!

It's Friday and we've made it through another week. I had a big project at work that I had to do after hours. We had to move our Internet router, firewall, and core switch from the networking closet into the server room. I had estimated it would take 4-6 hours, but we actually did in under 2 hours. It's always nice to come in under your estimate, especially when you have to work after hours.

It went remarkably well. I think having it all mapped out and planned well helped a ton. I usually assume that some things will come up and take longer; but remarkable everything went just as planned. Of course, if anyone has any problem at all on Monday, they will of course blame it on this project (they always do).

Anyway, we've had a busy week and are looking forward to this weekend.

No comments: