Monday, September 24, 2007

Piano lessons

On Saturday Lisette had a piano recital. She played an arrangement of the William Tell Overture. Lots of other kids played their songs and afterwards there were cookies to snack on (that was a big plus for the boys and Saffron.)


Lisette is pretty good at practicing, though she does miss a few days. But she seems to really enjoy playing, so we're glad that my parents left the piano with us when they moved to Alaska. I'm impressed about how much she has improved this last year. Her songs are getting more complex and she plays them with a lot of style.

Melinda's aunt, Robin, is her piano teacher. Lisette also enjoys lessons because she can stay and play with Joy when they're over. I hope she wants to stick with it; I quit piano lessons when I was a kid and I regret it. I'm looking forward for the day that I can sit back in an easy chair and listen to Lisette playing ragtime on the upright piano.

No comments: